Thursday, April 15, 2010

Trentatre Rosso `08 IGT $5.99 ****

33.3% Cabernet, 33.3% Merlot and 33.4% Montepulciano. I really, really like it. It is a dry yet jam like red wine that is great for sipping or dining or nibbling. Last night, we opened it for nibbles after polishing off a bottle of my current wine of choice Villa Cerrina Montepulciano. I really really like Montepulciano wine.This wine is already on a lot of internet top 10 lists Jason, over at Jason's Wine Blog liked the `07 too (and he is a much better reviewer than I).  When I sit down and write my list (maybe in another 100 bottles or so) I can imagine that at this price, and with this depth of rich fruity flavor (with a slight taste of leather - really) with just a hint of tannins - It'll be right up there.  It was great last night, and it is just as good today.  After running it through the vinturi today (the bottle was opened last night and vacuum corked, I wouldn't bother decanting it,  it flattens it a bit. 

Thursdays are my market days, and today I scored a portabello, red onion and mozzarella whole wheat foccacia from Buon Pane, and Spring Ramps from Stannard Farms. I reheated half of the foccacia and sauteed the ramps with a slice of bacon on the cast iron grill.  It was a great dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the mention and so glad to hear you liked it! Cheers, Jason

    ReplyDelete