Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sutter Home White Zinfandel `05 (not TJ's) *

I was raised in mid-coast Maine.  I've already written about cutting my teeth on Boone's Farm Tickle Pink.  And I have on occasion had a GREAT time with Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot.  I'm just sayin' that my life ain't all Laurant Perrier.  BUT.... There was a bottle of Sutter Home White Zinfandel downstairs in the cellar (I was assured that it was a hostess gift from a guest years ago).  That same cellar that holds 1989 Chateau Montelena, and other treasures. I ran upstairs with the Sutter Home in my hands.  S simply said "NO".  JPH said, "are you gonna review it?".  MPH got the camera ready.

All the grownups partook of a sip.  Apparently, as far as faces go, mine was the most horrified. S remained composed but the pulsing of her cheeks told a different story, and JPH, well he just laughed (ok, so he commented too... and I'm adding it to this post: "The actual flavor was somewhat like a stale--think like store shelf in the sun for ten years stale-- Sweet-Tarts. Still icky sweet, but with the acid coming through, and all the flavor faded and kinda musty. YUM!")

Let's put it this way, Sutter Home White Zinfandel does not age.  The picture above right tells the rest of the story....

What is fresh Sutter Home White Zinfandel like?  I'll let you be the judge.

1 comment:

  1. The actual flavor was somewhat like a stale--think like store shelf in the sun for ten years stale-- Sweet-Tarts. Still icky sweet, but with the acid coming through, and all the flavor faded and kinda musty. YUM!
    JPH

    ReplyDelete