Saturday, October 9, 2010

Riondo Prosecco Spago Nero IGT (Not TJ's) ***

The Night of Two Dinner Parties....
 (part one)

There were choices to be made. How often does someone have two amazing dinners offered, but can only accept one?  Well, it my case, that was my Saturday night.  So, I did what any appreciative friend would do, I offered to help cook for both, and then went home to enjoy an evening of great company, food and wine (and fire was involved!) Then decided that we could swap leftovers on Sunday. Win/Win in my book.

First stop, Glen Cove.  I had the The Colonial Williamsburg Tavern Cookbook in hand.  K. poured me a glass of bright, crisp Prosecco and I got to work on the Corn Souffle (Corn Pudding).

This Riondo is dry, with a hint of sour (maybe grapefruit?) It was easy to drink, but since I had to cook, go for a walk with Kodi and then go home to dinner. From my one glass perspective, I can say that this wine is a nice start to a fun evening. (here is a link to part deux - the rest of the evening...)

Glen Cove Menu: (I know that there were four wines being brought, I just don't know what they were)
Mixed Leaf Salad
Corn Pudding
Grilled Lamb Chops
Home Made Granny Smith Apple Crisp with whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment