Saturday, August 21, 2010

Espiral Vinho Verde $3.99 *

It was Fish Taco Night! I really, really wanted to like this wine.   I hated it.  It was dry and tasted like crisp grapefruit with a hint of grass. It was also slightly sparkling which was just a tease as far as I am concerned.  It did taste better with the tacos, but no, I still didn't like it.  The remains of the bottle went down the drain and there was Miller Light in the beer drawer - thirst was quenched.

This may be a taste issue.  Maybe I just don't like Vinho Verde - you can't beat the price.  I'll try another bottle by a different maker and see, but as it stands, I am giving it one star.

1 comment:

  1. No one cares if you "liked" the wine. To review wine when you clearly know nothing about wine or how to taste it or rate it is a complete waste of everyone's time. Your description: "It was dry and tasted like crisp grapefruit with a hint of grass" indicates that you have a good palate. Your dissing of this wine for being precisely what a good vinho verde should be, indicates that you don't know what the wine should taste like. It's a good, cheap vinho verde. The fact that you didn't "like" it is of no interest to anyone.

    ReplyDelete