Sunday, November 29, 2009

Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot (not TJ's) $5.99 ***

Arbor Mist is a trip down memory lane.  For one weekend, my best friend and I were 16 again.  She came to NYC to visit and for a weekend, we were two girls in the city.  With her husband and teenagers back home, we reverted to the days of John Cougar, Glen Frey, U2, jeans and funky socks, driving around hanging out windows (in the case of this weekend it was the sunroof of a Mini Cooper and my bra stayed on), and we even went to the Zoo.

On Friday night, as Boons Farm Tickle Pink is no longer available, I legally (as opposed to our teenage years) bought a bottle of Arbor Mist.  Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot isn't really wine (as oenophiles would describe wine), it tastes more like fortified Kool-aid/ fruit juice.  It is 6% ETOH, sweet, red - and we loved it.  I chilled it really well, unscrewed the top and the evening began.  While we reminisced, looked at classmates on facebook, gossiped and fell into our teenage routine as if a decade and a half  had never passed since we last saw each other.

Anna's Curtis Road Fried Rice:  Minute Rice  - I haven't bought that in a very long time (now they have it in Brown Rice!), anything La Choy in a can (water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts etc), pork loin, onion, red pepper, celery, egg, all seasoned with soy sauce and  La Choy red sweet & sour sauce - I couldn't find Duck Sauce...sigh.

Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot
Ghirardelli Chocolate Brownies made with Kahlua

The moral of the story - life can be amazing no matter what you drink or what you eat.  Friday night's dinner was one of the best meals I have had in years, and Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot is a great successor to my Boons Farm Tickle Pink memories.

Monday night I'll be back to wines that have corks, appellations and vintages.  I'm taking an Italian Wine Tasting class at Bacchus.

3 comments:

  1. No cork wine is only as good as the company, Arbor Mist never tasted so good. LL, H

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy yummyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arbor Mist Blackberry is my favorite wine...I could become an official wino with this stuff if I didn't care about my liver lol

    ReplyDelete