Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bandit Pinot Grigio 2006 $7.89 * (not TJ's)

It has been a bad week. A friend died. I never made it to Trader Joe's. On an impulse, I stopped at Crossroads Liquor Store on the way home. In memory of Susie, I bought a bottle of Silver Patron and while at the register I grabbed a 1L box of wine, Bandit Pinot Grigio.

I opened the wine today (Saturday) and poured myself a glass to have with lunch (chorizo, pepper & onion omelet) One sip - yeech. So, being the cheapskate that I am, I poured it into a water glass, added cranberry juice and orange juice and called it "white trash sangria".

Later this afternoon, I was making roasted Butternut Squash Risotto with Bacon & Sage. I poured a healthy amount of this pinot into the risotto. I don't know what I'll do with the balance of the 1 litre box, but I can assure you that I won't be drinking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment